Re: FWD: Personnel and Quality of Printed Manuals

Subject: Re: FWD: Personnel and Quality of Printed Manuals
From: DURL <durl -at- BUFFNET -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 12:14:02 -0500

Sorry, but my advice is send your resume out. If this person
doesn't work for you, and the manuals don't matter to anybody but you, and
you can't get any support in this you vs. her situation, it's not going to
get better.
If you want to stick it out, I suggest you keep it between you
and her. Smile, agree, and ask her what you can do to make it easier for
her. Maybe make the copies yourself. It's nice to be recognized as
providing more value than the secretary, but it doesn't sound as if anyone
but you sees it that way. Not an atypical situation in one-writer
companies, where the difference between "writer" and "typist" isn't
perceived.
Mary

Mary Durlak Erie Documentation Inc.
East Aurora, New York (near Buffalo)