Re: CBT vs. Stand up

Subject: Re: CBT vs. Stand up
From: Barb Ostapina <Barb -dot- Ostapina -at- METROMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 16:55:27 -0500

It depends who the "I" is. Some people are not auditory learners, and do
not learn or remember things by hearing them. If a person does not learn
things by hearing them, but remembers them by seeing (reading, viewing,
etc.) them, and really "gets it" kinesthetically, then that person would
have no disagreement with the proverb. Other I's may feel differently. I
believe that different people require different learning vehicles, and some
of us require more than one for the same lesson. I, for one, have never had
much luck learning things via computer based training, even computer tasks,
even though I tend to be a very kinesthetic learner. For whatever reason, I
get to the end of the lesson and try to duplicate what I learned on the
"real thing" and don't get very far. Give me a good book, though, and I'm
off and running.

--B
barb -dot- ostapina -at- metromail -dot- com
...speaking only for myself.

To: TECHWR-L @ LISTSERV.OKSTATE.EDU
cc: (bcc: LOMBMML Ostapina Barb/OLS)
From: scotty @ CM.MATH.UIUC.EDU @ METROMAIL
Date: 03/20/98 02:02:35 PM

Who on this list disagrees with the following saying?

I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand"
-Chinese Proverb