Word 6.0 and help text problems

Subject: Word 6.0 and help text problems
From: Iain Harrison <iharriso -at- SCTCORP -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 08:46:25 GMT

Rowena Hart writes:

Horror of horrors -- yes, I have to use Word 6.0 to create help text
for my current project.

I'm having a few problems with formatting (of course) and need
assistance from someone on the list who has experience using this
ghastly method to create and format help text.

Naturally, I am also working to deadline. If you can help, please
respond as soon as possible -- and off-list -- to rhart -at- intrinsyc -dot- com
<<

Sorry, Rowena, but you don't have my sympathy at all. We all work to
deadlines. There are deficiencies in Word 6, but for the task you are
undertaking, they simply don't apply, in my experience.

Why 'of course' to a few formatting problems? This is not normally a
problem associated with Word6 and rtf for help files.

If you don't know how to do the job, this list isn't the place to ask
for general training. If you have a specific difficulty, you haven't
given enough detail for anyone to give useful help.

Maybe you caught me on a bad day, but if you are in such a rush that
you can't be bothered to ask a clear question, can't find time to read
the replies on-list, and even start off by bemoaning the (perfectly
adequate) tools you are using, rather than describing the nature of
task, I feel that your chances of getting a helpful response seem
rather diminished.

Iain