Re: RoboLIST and resource help

Subject: Re: RoboLIST and resource help
From: "Kulis,Carene" <Carene_Kulis -at- XN -dot- XEROX -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 07:30:27 PST

I received many responses to my question pertaining to the RoboHelp
discussion list. I also received many requests to forward information
since others were having the same difficulties. Perhaps I should
clarify because I had actually tried almost every suggestion that was
sent to me.

1) I went to the Blue-Sky Web page and subscribed at least four times
in the past 2 1/2 weeks by following their instructions. I have yet
to receive a response.

2) I e-mailed the support at Blue Sky at least 5 times in requesting
help with this problem. I received 1 response asking what state I
lived in and then never heard from them again.

3) I have called their phone number numerous times and keep getting
the message that their lines are busy, they suggest it would be better
to e-mail them.

4) Someone from the list suggested I subscribe through majordomo. I
did this and received a reply saying this would be forwarded to the
correct list for approval. ?Who knows how long that could take.

5) It was also stated that the WinHelp and RoboHelp list were the
same, but then someone contradicted this statement

So, I know a few of you who responded said you were on the RoboHelp
list. Could you please post this question for me? I am sure someone
is running the list and may be able to help out. Any help would be
GREATLY appreciated. I am falling behind on some work. Thank you.

Carene
----------
From: Technical Writers List; for all Technical Communication issues
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
Cc: awatkins -at- pobox -dot- com
Subject: RoboLIST and resource help
Date: Friday, March 13, 1998 10:16PM

Go to http://www.blue-sky.com/techsupp/discuss.htm for
RoboLIST sign-up information.

On another note, I'm attempting to build a site to offer
resources for technical communicators. I invite all the
input I can get for this gigantic task. The initial salvo,
hastily prepared for a workshop Saturday morning, can be
found at http://members.aol.com/tecscribe .

I have zippo experience in illustration and graphics, so I'm
hoping to get a lot of feedback in that area.

Looking towards the future, I have created a Webring for
sites concerned with technical communications. As things
develop, I hope those of you with personal and professional
pages will join.

Thanks all.
Alfred Watkins
Unemployed in Austin TX