QUESTION: CBT v. Training

Subject: QUESTION: CBT v. Training
From: ELISSA LYNN BEBEE <elb600z -at- MAIL -dot- ODU -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 18:05:39 -0500

My department has recently taken a major hit as far as our trainers are
concerned. The company believes that we can replace the trainers with well
written and intuitively developed CBTs. I tend to agree with my company
that CBTs offer more than a trainer because they can present the same
material as a trainer would but for much less money. What are some
thoughts out there on Computer Based Training versus training in the
flesh. Are we just fooling ourselves or is CBT the next wave of effective
information transmission.