RPG III and the AS/400

Subject: RPG III and the AS/400
From: Lorraine Ross Hall <lrhall -at- PIPELINE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 15:09:22 -0500

Dear folks,

I'm soon to write system documentation for an old (all documentation has
been lost) RPG III-based system. I did an RPG job like this many years
ago, but there's been a lot of water under the dam since I last
deciphered RPG code. I need a little refresher course.

Can anyone on the list recommend any of the following books? These are
available at Amazon, but hard to make a decision if you can't thumb
through a TOC. Does anyone know any other good RPG or AS/400 references
that are still in print?

Programming in RPG/400 by Judy Yaeger
RPG II and RPG III Structured Programming by Nancy Stern
RPG II, RPG III, and RPG/400 with Business Applications
by Stanley E. Myers.
Mastering the AS/400; A Practical Hands-On Guide
by Jerry Fottral
Exploring IBM AS/400 Computing by Jim Hoskins

Please reply to me directly, since I can't imagine this discussion is of
general interest to the list.

Many thanks,

Lorraine Hall
mailto:lrhall -at- pipeline -dot- com