Re: HYPHENATION QUESTION

Subject: Re: HYPHENATION QUESTION
From: "Parks, Beverly" <ParksB -at- EMH1 -dot- HQISEC -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 12:16:02 -0700

<snip>
> My guess (or maybe my preference) is to use "what-if scenarios" in the
> generic sense and "What-If Scenario" if referring to a specific case
> (I
> would not include the quotes). Can anyone tell me if there's a
> standard
> for using this phrase? It's driving me nuts...
<snip>

======
I have a feeling that the best you can hope for on this one is a
consensus of personal opinion or company style. I prefer it hyphenated,
but not capitalized in any instance (unless those very words are the
title of something). If quotation marks were included, I'd put them
around "what-if" only, not the whole phrase: a "what-if" scenario.
However, in context, I don't think any quotation marks at all are
required. So, my opinion or vote on the matter is lower case,
hyphenated, no quotes.

Bev Parks
parksb -at- emh1 -dot- hqisec -dot- army -dot- mil
http://www.bayside.net/users/cbsites/techwr-l/