Re: Re[2]: HTML Programming vs. PDF

Subject: Re: Re[2]: HTML Programming vs. PDF
From: Scott Gray <scotty -at- CM -dot- MATH -dot- UIUC -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 12:58:33 -0600

We have reached the heart of the matter! Learning.

Rather than point out the possibilities of interactivity with my own
long and boring disertation about the topic, I would like to issue the
following challenge to my new friend Arlen and the good people on this
list:

I have written an interactive guide to HTML and JavaScipt it's
at http://www.useractive.com/tutorial

The challenge is this: Find two beginners in HTML, people who have never
written a web page before. Send one of them to the grand daddy of all
HTML tutorials at

http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/General/Internet/WWW/HTMLPrimer.html

These are highly regarded tutorials and on just about everyone's list of
places to go learn about HTML.

Send the other person to http://www.useractive.com/tutorial
After about an hour or two, ask each of them to see their web page and
ask them how much they've learned and how much they enjoyed it.

Then please report your finding back at this list.

Thanks,
Scott

Scott Mills Gray
scotty -at- cm -dot- math -dot- uiuc -dot- edu
http://www.useractive.com

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand" --
Chinese proverb.