Re: How commonly used are PDFs? (Was: Should we skip HTML?)

Subject: Re: How commonly used are PDFs? (Was: Should we skip HTML?)
From: Matt Craver <MCraver -at- OPENSOLUTIONS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 11:26:16 -0500

Penny:
The only "objective" study I've seen was late last year and had a figure
that as of June, 70% of documents distributed through the Web were in
PDF format. The grains of salt I attach to this figure? June 1997 is
the "Web-time" equivalent of some time in the 1600's, and the Web is
only one possible "electronic" distribution method ( CD-ROM, FTP,
e-mail, etc.). I don't, unfortunately, remember what the authors
defined as a "document" and how they distinguished between an HTML
"document" and an HTML "site".
-Matthew Craver,
Technical Documentation
Open Solutions Inc.