Re: Information Mapping - Good

Subject: Re: Information Mapping - Good
From: Michael Clark <miark -at- MIJENIX -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 11:03:04 -0600

>Daniel Duncan posted that he already does his own form of it,
>and I would hazard a bet that all good tech writers do it to some
>degree, whether or not they have even heard of it.

I've heard of it before, but it wasn't until a couple of minutes ago
that I took a peak at it on the Web. I found a good demonstration at

http://www.infomap.com/TIMER/showme.htm

where they contrast an info mapped doc and a non-infa mapped doc. The
contrast was impressive enough, but David's right when he says that
it's nothing new to tech writers. In fact, the demo was of a document
for which tech writers are rarely responsible. Now that I think of it,
it _apears_ that info mapping is merely the application of technical
writing methods to traditionally non-technical documents.

Is that accurate?

Mike