Photographs and Word

Subject: Photographs and Word
From: "BAKER.D.M-" <BAKER -dot- D -dot- M- -at- POSTAL -dot- ESSD -dot- NORTHGRUM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 12:39:16 -0500

Is there a reasonable explanation for this? I took some photographs
(portraits of personnel) and manipulated them in PhotoShop (adjusted
color balance, etc.) That part worked fine. Then I imported the TIFs
into MS Word, and the photos looked terrible (not to mention the
amount of time required to actually see the photo). Is this normal?
Is there something I could have done differently? This is beginning
to sound like a relationship gone wrong. Anyhow, I imported the
photos into PowerPoint. Although the quality is not great, it is an
improvement over Word.