Subject: Summary: converting Ventura to Word (long)
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 09:58:29 -0600

Thanks to all who suggested solutions. I also received several very kind
offers of help, which made my little heart go pitter patter -- what a
great group!!! :-) The suggestions generally fell into two areas:
stripping out the Ventura codes by hand/macro or using conversion
software and/or filters. I'll post to the list if either of these
options turns out to be wildly successful. In the meanwhile, since there
was some interest, here's a digested version of the responses (with some
snippage to try and reduce the length of this post).

Tracy

------

------

------

------

------

------

------

------

------

> We had to convert 9 books last fall from Ventura 4 and it was a
> collossal pain. We bought MasterHelp, as has been suggested, but
> despite its claims, and in spite of several calls to them for
> assistance, we could not get it to convert all elements of the files.
> Forget graphics for sure. Most tables do come through though. We never
> did figure out for sure if our problems stemmed more from cross
> platform issues or just that darn Ventura.
>
> I wonder, though, if you can do the conversion if you don't actually
> still have Ventura installed? In which case you almost have to send
> your files to MasterHelp and pay them to do the dirty work.

Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, OK, USA
http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/home.htm