MS Word DOS to Mac?

Subject: MS Word DOS to Mac?
From: Karen Schriver <ks0e+ -at- ANDREW -dot- CMU -dot- EDU>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 15:11:30 -0500

Hi there,

I've been having persistent troubles converting MS Word DOS files to MS
Word Mac files. I am using a Mac 8500 and running Word 6.01. Does anyone
have a good suggestion for easy conversion of IBM files I receive in
e-mail? So far, I've had to ask the sender to convert the file to
Binhex. That works but many people who send me stuff don't have that
conversion facility. Is there anything I can do short of buying a
Windows machine? I've heard of expensive cards you can buy and a program
called SoftWindows 95 5.0. Does anyone have any experience with these?
Do you recommend SoftWindows? Also If I invest in these things, would I
be able to convert the file that comes in as e-mail attachment?

Thanks for any help you can offer!!

karen schriver
KSA, Document Design and Research