Re: ORIGINAL HUMOR: Anagrams

Subject: Re: ORIGINAL HUMOR: Anagrams
From: Steve Fouts <stefou -at- ESKIMO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 10:24:56 -0800

John Wilcox and Arlen Walker said:
> Very cute. That's a keeper. But if Safeco gives you that much time
> to play around, you might as well play me a game of Hearts over the
> net.
>
>While I haven't repeated the exercise and timed it, I would imagine that
>Anagrams could produce that list in a couple of minutes. ;{>}

Actually, three different web based anagram generators turned in vast
quantities of potential anagrams such as "chaw nitric tingle" and
the challenge was wading through the list to find the potential hits.

The Anagram Genius anagram generator culled its own list for me and gave
me only a few hundred, but missed a few of the gems that you saw here.

Computers can be taught what an anagram is, but they don't know what's
funny.
/ ___ __/__\ \ / / _\ Steve Fouts stefou -at- eskimo -dot- com
/___ \| | ___\ | / __\ "You must not mind me, madam;
/ / \ | \ / \ I say strange things, but I
/_______/__|_______\_/________\ mean no harm." --Samuel Johnson