degree needed for tech. editing?

Subject: degree needed for tech. editing?
From: KSM58 <KSM58 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 12:52:47 EST

Hello everyone

I'm new to the list. I'm currently a freelance proofer and copyeditor. I'm
enrolled in a class entitled Editing for Science & Technology, and I'm really
enjoying it.

I don't, however, have a college degree, although in spring I'll have an
editing certificate. I'd like to get feedback from the list regarding the
likelihood of my finding a job as a tech editor without having a degree.

Thanks.
Karen
ksm58 -at- aol -dot- com