RoboHelp documents/topics relations

Subject: RoboHelp documents/topics relations
From: Jennifer Dupuis <jadupuis -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 10:48:25 PST

Hi everyone.

I just started my first full-time Tech Writing position, which requires
me to use RoboHelp 5.0 (I had previously used ForeHelp). I'm getting the
hang of it, for the most part, but I have a question about Word
documents and the topics they contain. I am the only Tech Writer here so
I'm turning to you. . .

This project contains 87 .doc files, which contain from 1 to 25 topics
each. It seems to me that this could be consolidated. I was hoping to be
able to print a report that would list all the documents and the topics
each contains, but the RoboHelp manual and online help don't tell me how
to do this. Can anyone help?

Also, do you have any hints as to how documents/topics should be
arranged? I was thinking one document could contain a main window topic,
plus all the topics linked from there. Overlapping links would go in the
most intuitive place. Or does this not matter at all?

Is there a recommended maximum size for a document?

Thanks in advance for any help. Please reply to me personally, because I
receive the digest version.

Jennifer Dupuis
jadupuis -at- hotmail -dot- com