Net based work:

Subject: Net based work:
From: Stuart Rowe <dms -at- PENINSULA -dot- STARWAY -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 14:38:24 +1100

I am very new to the world of "THE LIST" and its adherants but not to "THE
WORLD" in which we all live. I would like to get some profit from technical
writing, mainly carried out at my home office.

I have enjoyed, and gained from, the exchanges that have occurred (apart
from the response of one OZ Oaf - that came from an odious mutation of our
community!). In watching the list mail over the last two weeks I have not
seen one reference to comms based technical writing. It all seems to be
related to "come here/I am here/we want you here/I was there"!

Is there a life for a budding, net based, technical writer?

If so how does it happen?

If not (you guessed it) why not?

Stuart.