binding user guides part II

Subject: binding user guides part II
From: Barclay Blanchard <bblanchard -at- HALIS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 16:01:08 -0600

Thanks much to all who replied about my Word/PageMaker/
FrameMaker question.

The bindery we're using is insistent in getting either
PageMaker or Mac FrameMaker files (but not PC FrameMaker).

This leads me to other questions:

1. Is PageMaker strictly a layout tool, so that I'd have to
have all page numbering and cross referencing worked out
in hard text (as opposed to linked/automated)?

2. How do people on the list work out both managing documents
(particularly pagination and cross references) and
delivering layouts to the printer for perfect bound
manuals?