Re: decode job posting

Subject: Re: decode job posting
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 08:39:46 -0600

> If someone
> had ASSUMED I was an expert with a software application and did not take
> the time to spell out the acronyms I would have been lost. DO NOT
> ASSUME!!!!

I'd agree with this in most cases, but not the one that started this
thread. I think this is a perfect example of when you *should* assume.
It was a job ad that called for someone with RDBMS experience. If (like
me) you don't even know what RDBMS stands for, you probably don't have
the experience the employer wants and are not qualified for the job, and
there is really no need to spell it out. In fact, since it acts as
pre-screening device, it would be counterproductive to spell it out.

Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, OK, USA
http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/home.htm