Re: Grammar Guides, Dictionaries, etc.

Subject: Re: Grammar Guides, Dictionaries, etc.
From: Walter Hanig <wdh -at- NETMANAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 16:28:27 -0800

At 07:22 PM 2/17/98 -0500, Tracey Moore wrote:
>Anyone have any suggestions for grammar guides, thesauruses, and
>dictionaries for technical writers? I need to purchase either books or
>software for our company, so your input is greatly appreciated.

Unless there's a reason for wanting hardcopy, I'd vote for online resources. Here are a few:

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/bartleby/strunk/
http://www.mla.org/set_stl.htm
http://www.grammarnow.com/
http://www.ora.com/reference/dictionary/
http://work.ucsd.edu:5141/cgi-bin/http_webster
http://www.m-w.com/dictionary
http://www.dtic.mil/doctrine/jel/doddict/

walter

Walter Hanig

NetManage, Inc.
12651 High Bluff Drive
San Diego, CA 92130, USA

Phone: 619-793-3173 FAX: 619-755-3998
e-mail: wdh -at- netmanage -dot- com wdhanig -at- rice -dot- edu
Blood Type: O+