Re: Word Reader?

Subject: Re: Word Reader?
From: Barry House <bhouse -at- CREATIVE-HOUSE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 18:57:57 -0600

Sonja Draeger wrote:

>A Developer here just told me that he'd heard about a Microsoft Word =
>Reader product. He said he'd heard it is Microsoft's answer to .pdf. =
>Does anyone know of this product and have any comments about it? I =
>searched the archives for Word Reader and Microsoft Reader, without =
>success.

Microsoft calls their reader software 'viewers,' and has them available for
Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access.

I've never used them--if I'm sharing word processing files with someone, I
try very hard to provide a file format they can use.

Anyway, the Word 97 viewer can be downloaded from Microsoft's web site
(where else do you want to go today?):
http://www.microsoft.com/word/internet/viewer/viewer97/

Barry House
The Creative House--Helping Businesses Communicate
P.O. Box 523
Pittsfield, IL 62363
217-285-2900
217-285-2950 Fax