Re: Grammar Issues

Subject: Re: Grammar Issues
From: Michael Lewis <lewism -at- BRANDLE -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 11:39:48 +1100

I'm in substantial agreement. I take the view (supported by some
research into a commercial translation operation) that formal grammar is
above all a tool for analysis. When your native awareness of language
tells you that something isn't working properly, you can apply formal
grammatical principles in order to diagnose and fix the precise problem.

--
Michael Lewis
Brandle Pty Limited, Sydney, Australia