Re: Tools for newbies (was TW grad school)

Subject: Re: Tools for newbies (was TW grad school)
From: Michael Lewis <lewism -at- BRANDLE -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 11:38:53 +1100

I share Miles's perspective and views. I recently taught in a document
design course which included workshops on PageMaker (Mac platform). The
reason for the workshops was not to teach people that software (or, more
to the point, that version of the software), but to enable them to
implement their ideas (and to enable them to complete assignments for
assessment). Many of those students will find themselves working on PCs,
and/or using Quark or Frame (or even Word). Assignments were not marked
on whether the software had been used properly, but on the success or
otherwise of the fundamental design.

--
Michael Lewis
Brandle Pty Limited, Sydney, Australia