Re: intro Word style sheets to authors

Subject: Re: intro Word style sheets to authors
From: Michael Lewis <lewism -at- BRANDLE -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 11:38:04 +1100

I have handled this situation in two ways, which can sometimes be
combined.

First, develop some "model documents" based on the templates; include
descriptions "under" examples. That is, have some text formatted with
each style, and under it (or, in the case of a body or list style,
within the formatted element) describe its purpose.

Second, if the templates include standard structuring (eg, a business
case template might have standard headings), you can include text under
each heading to explain what kind of information goes in that section.
The user will then have to delete that explanatory information, but that
actually encourages them to read and think.

--
Michael Lewis
Brandle Pty Limited, Sydney, Australia