box char

Subject: box char
From: Dave Whelan <dwhelan -at- PANGEA -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 16:22:12 -0600

Someone mentioned that Word shows them a hollow box character in a
mystifying message. I also have a problem with hollow boxes: Word97 keeps
inserting one of these characters into document text unbidden. I think it's
got something to do with using the find/replace function in a particular
way. I only became aware of the problem recently but it has me worried as
have not been able to find a way to search for this character to find out
whether it has been inserted anywhere else. Has anyone else run up against
this problem?

Regards,
Dave.

David P. Whelan, Technical Writer
Whelan Technical Services (204) 334-1339
mailto:dwhelan -at- pangea -dot- ca
http://www.pangea.ca/~dwhelan