Re: Another Word puzzler

Subject: Re: Another Word puzzler
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 15:43:17 -0600

It means that you are attempting to open a file that's already open.
"Revert to saved" means forget about any changes you may have made, just
re-open the file in it's last saved state.

"Revert to saved" is a function common to several programs. I use it
most when I'm at home playing with a scanned photograph. When I try a
couple of thing and don't like the results, I "revert to saved" because
graphics software typically only allows one step of undo. In some
programs, it's a menu option. In others, you just re-open the file you
are working on and say "yes" to the prompt.

One thing that you might need to watch out for: if some other program
has changed the file (I think Word locks the file so this can't happen)
"revert to saved" brings in the latest version. Just like hitting
"refresh" on a web browser.