Testing of Online Help Links

Subject: Testing of Online Help Links
From: "hope.d.cascio" <hope -dot- d -dot- cascio -at- ARTHURANDERSEN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 08:35:37 -0600

Our testing is spread out among the developers, the technical writers, and the
testers. Believe it or not, I test context-sensitive Help links by opening
dialogs and menus and pressing F1! I use the Bughunter utility that comes with
WinHelp Office, and if I can fix the problem by changing a map number or string
name, I do. Before we get that far, I also respond to errors that come up in
compilation, and use the Microsoft Help Workshop testing utilities. Because we
use an Alink macro for our related topic links, rather than "green jumps,"
these have to be tested manually, too. There is a utility in WHO for creating
a report of keywords that is also very handy.

Hope Cascio, Knowledge Transfer Developer
Arthur Andersen Technology Solutions