Re: Ergonomics icon

Subject: Re: Ergonomics icon
From: Leslie Bythewood <leslie -dot- bythewood -at- EROLS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 13:15:46 -0500

Tracy Boyington wrote:

> We're looking for an icon (actually an illustration, since it goes with
> text instead of replacing it) to represent the concept of ergonomics.

Thinking out loud is always easier than grabbing hold of an idea and
letting it germinate, but here goes anyway:

o Fitting a round peg into a round hole (top-down view)
o Person fully reclined in an easychair

IMHO, the metaphor has to fit the circumstances. Otherwise, it won't do
a good job of communicating. For example, if what you're documenting
involves designing ergonomic livingroom furniture, then the easychair
concept might work.

To get more targeted responses from members of the listserv, you might
want to consider providing more information about the context in which
the ergonomics concept is being documented.