Adobe PDF Blurry Image Solution

Subject: Adobe PDF Blurry Image Solution
From: "Donoghue, Mike" <donoghmi -at- AMSWORLD -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 08:58:07 -0500

Hello Techwhirlers -

There has been a frequent question popping up in a number of mail
groups regarding the degradation in image quality for PDF files
created through various means.

While many prescribed solutions by fellow users address problems
regarding Distiller compression issues, there is one basic problem
which Adobe recently revealed to our company:

There is a major bug present in Acrobat Reader 3.01 and Acrobat
Exchange 3.01.

Adobe is working on a fix for these products, but states that the
earlier 3.0 version can be used to circumvent this problem.

Being recent Acrobat users ourselves, we were extremely frustrated as
to why the images were consistently blurred - no matter what Distiller
settings or image format we used.

Follow-Up Questions:
What image format do you prefer for screen captures? What are the
benefits?
What are the best compression settings to use? None?

Thank you -

Mike Donoghue, AMS Services, Inc.
Donoghmi -at- amsworld -dot- com