Re: CHAT: More Great Moments in Error Messages

Subject: Re: CHAT: More Great Moments in Error Messages
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 20:55:28 -0500

I once came across a program that asked users who closed it, "Sure to
exit?"

The same program also had a contact window with a "View Marriage
Breakdown" tag (I kept expecting video clips) and a tab to record death
details that had multiple table rows...

All of which reminds me of my favorites from student essays when I was
an academic:

--"There is a low birth rate among the new born."
--"With advances in DNA research, you will seen be able to choose your
own genealogy."
--"For centuries, women have been depressed by men" (female friends tell
me that this isn't a typo).

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
(bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com) (604) 421-7189 or 687-2133 X. 269

"So in the spring of the year, we took the fleet,
Every cask and cannon and compass sheet,
And we flew a Jacobean flag to give us heart;
While Pitt stood helpless we were waiting for Bonaparte."
--The Men They Couldn't Hang, "The Colors"