Re: CHAT: More Great Moments in Error Messages

Subject: Re: CHAT: More Great Moments in Error Messages
From: Michael Lewis <lewism -at- BRANDLE -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 16:36:18 +1100

Stuart Burnfield wrote:

> child killed: bus error
>
> I got this when indexing my mail messages -- don't know whether it's
> from my mailer, the indexing package, or the OS, but it ranks right
> up there with my all-time favourites:
>
> fat_free: no FAT
> and
> Keyboard not present. Press F1 to continue.

Nice one. Reminds me: can anyone explain what "97% fat free" means? Is
it the same as "3% pure fat", or "only 3% contains a normal proportion
of fat"? (And yes, I think this is relevant to TW: I've not seen any
on-list mention of writing about foods and nutrition, but I'm sure it
counts as tech writing.)
--
Michael Lewis
Brandle Pty Limited, Sydney, Australia