TW and grad school

Subject: TW and grad school
From: "cheri k." <tekgrrrl -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 16:52:36 -0800

Hello all,

This is my first time writing to the list. I subscribed because I had
to choose one Technical Writing mailing list to be involved with for
at least one semester. I am very glad I chose this one. I have
already learned a lot from you all!

I don't really have a specific question right now, but would greatly
appreciate any and all suggestions that any of you have for a graduate
student/beginner in TW. I am in my second semester at OSU (Hi Eric
and Debra!) and am also working as a tutor in a writing lab on campus
and as a TW/office manager for part of the Physics department (The
Center for Sensors and Sensor Technologies). I have experience with
HTML, paper manuals, and MS Office. I know I have a lot to learn. I
am currently working on learning RoboHelp and Photoshop.

One more thing I am curious about: Is a Master's degree usually
important to most employers? This might be a stupid question, but I
was just wondering about this the other day when I was feeling burnt
out.:)

Feel free to email me personally. Also, if you know of any
internships in the Northwest, let me know!

Thanks for your time,
Cheri
tekgrrrl -at- yahoo -dot- com