Re: HELP for embedded HTML server

Subject: Re: HELP for embedded HTML server
From: Geoff Lane <geoff -at- GJCTECH -dot- FORCE9 -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 15:29:46 -0000

Hi Jeff,

From: Jeffrey Luke <jml -at- PT -dot- COM>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU

>I need to create HELP for a Network Management Tool (HTML pages) that runs
>on an embedded HTML server within our product (a network switch).
>
>Any suggestions for going about this?
---
Since your switch functions as a web server, you should be able to use HTML
Help. You can link to pages stored off the switch if you don't have the
room.

FWIW, I'd recommend downloading the latest HTML Help Workshop from
Microsoft -- they updated this mid-December and it now includes both ActiveX
and Java contents and index interfaces. URL used to be
http://www.microsoft.com/workshop/author but they reorganised everything
recently.

HTH,

Geoff Lane
geoff -at- gjctech -dot- force9 -dot- net