Re: html help vs java help (beginner's question)

Subject: Re: html help vs java help (beginner's question)
From: Suzy Davis <andavis -at- AU1 -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 17:34:23 -0500

Hi Joe
I've just been developing html help for a java application
and while I can't compare html help with jelp I can tell you
that if you use html help make sure that you do your help
page testing with the application browser, and not with
another browser, like Netscape.

I didn't have a copy of the demo version of my application until
the last moment and when the help files were loaded some
characters were changed. For example, apostrophes were
changed to squares, some headings lost their boldness... It
was a late night fixing all these little tedious things up in time for
the release!

Some of the help files were orginally Word files which were
converted to html, and this may have also contributed to the problem.

May sound like common sense to use the application browser, and it is,
but who gets a demo on time? And for some weird reason I believed
the developers AGAIN!

Hope this helps you.

Suzy Davis
Technical Writer

Internet: andavis -at- au1 -dot- ibm -dot- com
Office: (03) 9626 6267
Mobile: (014) 049 242

[Standard disclaimer]