Graphics Format Question

Subject: Graphics Format Question
From: Kristen Black <kblack -at- ITSNET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 07:34:03 -0700

Does anyone know where I could find some sort of list that explains why
you'd need a particular graphics format? I'm writing something on why you'd
want (or need) to use one format instead of another (for example, .TGA,
.BMP or .WMF, to name a few). I'd also be interested in any information on
what exactly the formats are--not just the names.

I'm on a tight deadline (as in today). I know, I know, lack of preparation
on my part does not constitute an emergency on your part, but any help you
can give right away would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Kristen Black
Freelance Editor, Writer, and Indexer
kblack -at- itsnet -dot- com