Re: MSWord Problem

Subject: Re: MSWord Problem
From: Bob Pezzini <BPezzini -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 13:28:15 EST

In a message dated 2/3/98 11:09:50 AM Eastern Standard Time, maurice -at- idoc-
inc.com writes:

<< The problem(s) stem around a template that we are using to create all
documentation that will untimately be accessed thoughtout the
company. It seems that a file is put into a shared directory, but the
viewed and printed output differ. Such as numbered lists in table cells
are being renumbered. My version is 1, 2, 3, then 1, 2, 3 but when Chris
opens the same file she gets 1, 2, 3, then 4, 5, 6. Sometimes the style
does not keep proper spacing, white space, and margins. It's a real
mess and it will only get worse as we create more documentation that
needs to be shared.

Try making another copy of the file and rename it with a .dot extention.
This fools MSWord into thinking it is a template file.
When distributed to other users (without your actual template attached), it
will now cary with it all the template format code that you used to create the
file.
This should work provided everyone has the same version of Word.

Bob Pezzini, AOL