What's the job title?

Subject: What's the job title?
From: Keith Jeremy Posner <posner -at- SODALIA -dot- IT>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 10:27:08 +0100

Hallo

I'm trying to come up with a job title for a person who is involved in
all of the following activites.

1. Concept exploration
gathers and captures client expectations

2. Requirements analysis
applies expertise in use case methodology to the requirements
analysis process

3. Interface design
ensures client perspective is maintained throughout the user
interface

4. Usability testing: to be set up as a discrete activity
checks that client perspective has been maintained in the
development of the user interface

5. User documentation
plans and produces user documentation
feeds back client evaluations into the design of the software
product

6. Customer training
plans, produces and delivers customer training
feeds back client evalutations into the design of the software
product

7. Customer support
designs and implements customer support

I'm looking for a name for a job role which goes beyond what is
traditionally expected of us as Technical Writers/Authors/Communicators.
Most of us probably are involved informally in all of the above
activities. Assuming that you were formally involved in all of the
above, what title would your boss give you?

Please reply to me directly. I'll psot to the list of there's interest.

Thanks

Keith
Keith Posner mailto:posner -at- sodalia -dot- it
Technical Writer
Sodalia SpA Tel +39-(0)461-316159
Trento, ITALY Fax +39-(0)461-316217