(long) Delivering docs electronically

Subject: (long) Delivering docs electronically
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 15:37:04 +0800

Ginna wrote:
> I am in favour of slimming the whole thing down, and concentrating
> on delivering the bulk of information online. . . Management doesn't
> like this idea because "people want books".

I agree with your proposal. Some information belongs online, especially
reference and lookup information and 'how do I do this?". The online
help should be cheaper to produce, easier to update, and more convenient
for end-users.

Some information belongs on paper, such as conceptual and overview
material, install procedures, and some troubleshooting info.

The combination of paper and online should keep you, your managers and
your customers happy.

Regards
---
Stuart Burnfield "Fun, fun, fun
Functional Software Pty Ltd In the sun, sun, sun. . ."
mailto:slb -at- fs -dot- com -dot- au