Re: Use of "shall"

Subject: Re: Use of "shall"
From: Barb Ostapina <Barb -dot- Ostapina -at- METROMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 14:18:57 -0500

While we're on the subject of word usage (and I don't know if this will be
considered to be in or out of list rule boundaries but it's been bothering
me for some time, and more so since I've become a tech writer)...
What do you all think about the use of "wish" vs. "want" as in "If you wish
to xyz..." It seems so, well, like wishing on a star to me. What's wrong
with "If you want to xyz..."? How did the wish thing come about? Am I the
only one driven nuts by it?
--B
barb -dot- ostapina -at- metromail -dot- com