Re: Favourite font for long passages?

Subject: Re: Favourite font for long passages?
From: Barry House <bhouse -at- CREATIVE-HOUSE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 19:19:55 -0600

Janet Barry wrote:

>I'm writing a Getting Started type of manual for a grapher software
>application, and can't decide on a font for the longer chunks of
>text.
>
>Several years ago I wrote a manual in Word on a Macintosh, and
>used Palatino as the main text font. It's one of my favourites. Now,
>I use a PC and applications such as WordPerfect and Corel Draw. Is
>there a similar font to Palatino available?

Yes. There's a PostScript Palatino for the PC. I have that font on my PC,
but I don't know how it got here--I've never actually purchased any font
packages. It either came with my HP LaserJet 5MP or it was included with
the Corel WordPerfect Suite 7.

Hope that helps!

Barry House
The Creative House--Helping Businesses Communicate
P.O. Box 523
Pittsfield, IL 62363
217-285-2900
217-285-2950 Fax