Re: KeyCaps style Fonts

Subject: Re: KeyCaps style Fonts
From: "Bergerson, Carl A" <Carl -dot- Bergerson -at- UNISYS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 10:25:51 -0500

Yes, don't use them. I used them when Win 3.0 and True Type first came
out. That was in response to the bad old days of the 8088 PCs when it
seemed like every manufacturer had its own keyboard layout and labeling
scheme. Since the days of the 101-key keyboard, the layout and labeling
has been consistent, at least in the US. So my recommendation is to use
the tech writers rule for documenting hardware stuff, use what's silk
screened on the device, literally. Hence, Enter, Tab, Page Up, and so
on.
Contrary to what the MS guide says do not use small caps. Don't use
brackets, quotes, or any other gimmicks.

Also I prefer press to push.

My $.02

Carl Bergerson
Mission Viejo
Product Information
carl -dot- bergerson -at- unisys -dot- com