Re: Tools and Technology

Subject: Re: Tools and Technology
From: Michael Johnson <michaelj -at- OECMED -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 07:44:11 -0700

Back in the good old days (late 70s, very early 80s) I wrote on an IBM Selectric or Composer, drew my own art with ink on mylar, took and screened my own photos, and pasted the whole thing up myself (whew!). Phototypesetters and Wangs were just around the corner.

Although I still take my own photos and do my own art, I now have a Pentium, scanner, and other magic tools that enable me to crank stuff out in a third the time it used to take.

Would I go back? On some days when I'm wrestling with Word 97, maybe.

Mike Johnson
OEC Medical Systems
Salt Lake City, Utah
michaelj -at- oecmed -dot- com