Ergonomic Input Device Suggestions....

Subject: Ergonomic Input Device Suggestions....
From: Pepexx <Pepexx -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 17:28:24 EST

Hey there everyone,

Lately I have been experiencing some discomfort when using the mouse. The
pain has been mainly in the center of my hand when I click the buttons. I
also get knots in my neck and shoulders even though I look straight at the
monitor.

I am a lefty and have switched hands already. I have also gotten a mouse
wrist pad. I have looked into other options, but it would really help if I
could get some feedback from those of you that have used these devices.

These are the options I know of and my questions about them:

1) A wrist support in the form of a glove that attaches with velcro.

Question: How easy is it to move back and forth between mouse and keyboard
with what looks like a relatively cumbersome piece of equipment on your hand?

2) A touchpad.

Question: the only ones I have been able to find that don't use a stylus have
been pretty small. Does size matter? More importantly, does it even help? I
am concerned that the light touch required might cause its own discomfort.
Also, can anyone recommend one that is both windows 95 and NT compatable?

3) A graphics tablet with stylus.

Question: A stylus seems like it has the potential to be pretty uncomfortable
to use.

4) A roller ball.

Question: Is this really any more comfortable or easier to use?

All responses to these questions and any other suggestions are GREATLY
appreciated!!

Thanks,
Jennifer