Availability of STC Publications -Reply

Subject: Availability of STC Publications -Reply
From: Bill Sullivan <bsullivan -at- EMAIL -dot- EXIDE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 11:54:11 -0500

Technical Communication Editor George Hayhoe writes:

>>We're also working to develop an
online version of the journal that I hope will be implemented later
this
year.

OK, George. Thank you. That is good news. I happen to feel rather
strongly that people should be finding ways to use the web, and I for
one will be proud and happy to see the STC making a presence up there.

George also wrote:

>He then goes on to call the prices for STC publications
"outrageous."

I thought I had limited the "outrageous" tag to the Conference
Proceedings purchased from the STC office after a conference. My
apologies if it didn't come across that way. This fee is $60 for
members and $90 for non-members. I didn't say it is unjustified, in
the world of the printing press technology. It does, however, seem to
me that there would be a much cheaper way to get that information out
to members and non-members alike in the world of the web technology.

Bill Sullivan