$75K per year in tech. writing?

Subject: $75K per year in tech. writing?
From: geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 09:10:54 -0600

It was interesting to see all the fuss over Joseph Gregg's
SIG line about his offer of info. on how to make "$75K per
year in tech. writing". IMHO, this is a particularly
painless and discreet way to advertise one's services.
Peter Kent has been doing exactly this for about a year,
and nobody complained. Is the problem perhaps that Peter
proposes $100K per year and Joseph isn't aiming as high?

I'll admit, I'm saying this without having visited the web
site in question. (I do have two computers, but only one
set of hours per day.) Was there something particularly
offensive there that prompted the complaints?