Choosing a graphics tool

Subject: Choosing a graphics tool
From: Brian Martin <martin -at- SODALIA -dot- IT>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 09:32:43 +0100

Dear colleagues:

My documentation group is going to purchase a graphics software package:

We normally use UNIX workstations with FrameMaker 5.5 for publishing.
However, we are also purchasing a Windows 95 PC with the Microsoft
Office Suite. Along with this purchase order I want to get the graphics
package.

I am inclined to purchase either Adobe Illustrator or CorelDRAW, mostly
because of publicity and word of mouth. I would appreciate your comments
on which is better or if the consensus is to purchase another tool
altogether. Keep in mind that the groups has reasonably good layout
skills, but neither I nor others in the group are professional graphic
artists.

Please respond to me directly at martin -at- sodalia -dot- it -dot-

Thanks for any advice.