Re: What Help System software do you use

Subject: Re: What Help System software do you use
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 08:59:02 +0000

Indera asked about Help Authoring tools -were there any others apart from
Robohelp and how good were they.

When we first looked at help we read all the reviews going and two stood
out for what we wanted to do - Robohelp and HDK (Hypertext Development
Kit). In the end we went for HDK based mainly on cost (features similar)
and it has, on the whole, worked well and done all that has been asked of
it. These seem to be the top two packages for the "professional" user -
each time a new release comes out one ahead of the other. Robohelp seems
to have the edge at the moment (especially in the US) but apparently HDK
are just relaunching there with a new distributor, support etc.

There are also quite a few other packages around such as Doc2Help but I
haven't used them and so can't comment.

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International