Re: Magical thinking?

Subject: Re: Magical thinking?
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 22:30:50 -0500

geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca wrote:

> It's not an either/or situation, and that's what makes it
> complex.

I think you're right: the level of detail has to fit the audience.

Which reminds me: I've had one or two people write me to say that they
think that non-technical people just want procedures. However, I note
that even non-technical people appreciate knowing in a general way why
they are doing something. They just don't want to know a lot of details.
--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
(bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com) (604) 421-7189 or 687-2133 X. 269

"And if my service is easily bought,
My faith has never been."
--The Men They Couldn't Hang, "Bounty Hunter"