Need Templates for Word Manuals

Subject: Need Templates for Word Manuals
From: Cheryle Wiese <cjwiese -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 15:36:59 PST

Hi,

I've searched the archives, but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I'm using Word 7.0 to produce/edit Product Guides for our sales force.
The guides are 50-100 pages each, with simple graphics including
imported VISIO flowcharts and occasional clip art.

The problem is, all of our existing Product Guides were written by
different people, with varying levels of writing/editing/document design
ability. It is my job to "standardize" all existing guides and implement
these standards going forward. Our company uses Office 95, and I'm
comfortable using Word 7.0 for these relatively small
documents. Since I have a lot on my plate (I'm also developing an
Intranet) I want to make this standardization process as painless as
possible -- but I don't like the default "manual" template that comes
with Word.

Does anyone know of a repository of Word templates for user
guides/manuals? I'd appreciate any/all responses.

Thanks!
Cheryle

"Finding the answer, it's a human obsession. But you might
as well talk to the stones and trees and the sea,
'Cause nobody knows,
And so few can see."

-from "Estonia" by Marillion