Re: Hypertext and hypermedia

Subject: Re: Hypertext and hypermedia
From: Sabahat Ashraf <sabahat_ashraf -at- MENTORG -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 11:18:54 EST

On Jan 15, 10:08am, Gina Hertel wrote:
> Subject: Hypertext and hypermedia
> I'm attending NJIT for my MS in Professional and Technical
> Communication.
> One course that is being developed will be called "Hypertext and
> Hypermedia."
> Anyone have any idea what this kind of class might cover?

In a nutshell, a good course would hopefully cover the theory behind and the
practice of (working in) media that is non-linear.

> Think we might learn HTML?

That being the commonest manifestation in the industry today, the instructor
should cover it. But I think a perfectly useful course could be put together
without it. Depends on the instructor. So if that is a major concern for you,
don't count on it and ask the instructor before hand. Ideally, for practical
work, I would want an instructor to use [or I would use] both a "Multimedia
Package" [like Director or Toolbook, etc.] as well as HTML.

> Anyone take a similar class?

Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Spring 1996; with Patricia Search. We used
Toolbook for practice and got to learn about the history and theory of
"Hypermedia Design and Development" [which was the course title].

Sorry about the cross posting folks.

Sabahat.

work: (908) 604 0880 home: (201) 287 1405 fax: (908) 580 0820
work: sabahat_ashraf -at- mentorg -dot- com home: ashrafs -at- juno -dot- com
735 Elm Ave Apt 5B, Teaneck, NJ 07666-2313
http://www.rpi.edu/~ashrafs